Objects of Desire
Pendants and symphonies and pop art Bentleys, oh my! Secure a sensational summer by checking off the treasures that have caught our attention.
1. IT’S BOUQUET WITH ME Inspired by the floral motifs hand-embroidered on Manila shawls, the Emperatriz Bouquet Maxi Pendant sparkles with a mix of 18-karat gold and diamonds, creating a delicate yet strong take on the classic floral theme. www.carreraycarrera.com
2. IN GOOD SPIRITS The House of Martell is one of the world’s oldest French cognac houses — it was founded in 1715 — so it’s no wonder their elixirs are so good that the company just won a double gold medal at this year’s San Francisco Spirits Competition. www.martell.com
3. ROOM WITH A VIEW Nestled in the mountains in Italy’s Cortina d’Ampezzo, Cristallo Hotel Spa & Golf is like something out of a fairy tale (or maybe a Bond film) with its ornate architecture and dream-come-true amenities, like its in-house spa. www.cristallo.it
4. LET THERE BE LIGHT Portugal-based DelightFULL lives up to its name by crafting mood-lifting lighting, like this brass Etta Round chandelier. With its artistically charged shape, it’ll light up a room more than the average lamp ever could. www.delightfull.eu
5. TOO POOL FOR SCHOOL If you’ve ever wondered what South Beach’s largest pool looks like — or feels like — you can find it at the ultra-luxe Fasano Hotel & Residences at Shore Club when it opens in 2017. The pool will be a legendary 9,500 square feet. In other words, get that Speedo ready.
6. SPRITZ BLITZ Paris-based Parfums de Marly’s “Herod” fragrance for men and women is an aromatic adventure, matching masculinity with femininity in its smoky vanilla scent. Its warmth and strength echoes the power of the 18th-century stallion after which it is named. www.laboutiquenoire.ca
7. LOVE BUG Okay, so it’s a Bentley. But there’s lots of love in this exclusive, one-of-a-kind Bentley Continental GT V8 S Convertible, which was painted by British pop art icon Sir Peter Blake (he designed the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album cover) to be auctioned off for Care2Save Charitable Trust. www.care2save.co.uk
8. POP ROCKS Play with this year’s favourite colours by donning this treasure by Knar Jewellery, embedded with a juicy concoction of blue sapphire, red ruby and diamonds in a platinum setting. www.knar.com
9. FIRST IMPRESSIONS Canadian artist Zac Kenny’s intricate and colourful impressionist paintings have hidden messages about life, loss and love. His solo exhibition, A Day in the Paint, will be showing at Toronto’s Navillus Gallery in May.
10. BEST FOOT FORWARD It’s wedding season, and whether you’re waiting at the altar or watching from the pews, menswear boutique LodinG wants to dress you to the nines. You’ll want to say “I do” to their line of fun and sophisticated wedding accessories.
11. WATCH THE THRONE Stay on schedule while tapping in to your inner royal with the Moto 360 timepiece by Motorola, which not only tells time, but displays texts, advises on the best places to grab a drink and even sets reminders. All packed in a sleek design, it’ll have you ruling your kingdom seamlessly. www.motorola.ca
12. SYNTH-SATIONAL If it’s a fresh summertime anthem that you seek, give Australian electronica-pop band Miami Horror a listen. Funky and ultra-fun, their techno ballads are the sweet musical elixir we didn’t even know we craved. www.miamihorror.com