Objects of Desire
Time to dress up, not only your wardrobe, but also your lifestyle, travel and home with these fanciful finds.
1. NIGHT AND DAY: Designed to be worn for every occasion, the “I am Barbara,” is a must have dress belonging in the wardrobe of every woman who loves to wear styles that seamlessly move from day to night.
2. ROCK ’N’ (EYE) ROLL: Add a cheeky touch to any space in your home with this Piero Fornasetti calendar porcelain plate for the year 1994, featuring renowned soprano vocalist Lina Cavalieri—a symbolic figure featured throughout all of Fornasetti’s collections.
3. TABLESCAPING TREASURES: Your next summer picnic scape starts with Casa de Perrin, a curated collection of vintage china, glassware and fun flatware that can be mixed and matched for all occasions.
4. COMO CALLING: Remodelled in 2018, Hotel Villa Cipressi is a majestic complex of buildings, offering the magic of Lake Como with its outstanding views and botanical gardens built between 1400 and 1800.
5. MODERN MEDUSA: Borrowing from the baroque world filled with fantasy, this contemporary crystal sculpture by Geraldine Gonzalez captures the artist’s incredible imagination by turning sea-like creatures into beautiful art.
6. MEET ME IN MIAMI: Situated in the heart of Millionaire’s Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs, two nightlife venues and a magnificent two-storey spa.
7. WHIMSICAL HEIRLOOMS: The playful pieces featured in Bonhams’s selection of jewels, brooches, earrings and more will bring music to the ears of any conscientious collector.
8. PERIDOT PINEAPPLE: Known as the birthstone for August, the vibrant peridot stone dazzles on this summery (and fruity) brooch by Schlumberger, Paris, circa 1960.
9. SERVING STYLE: Whether it’s a Negroni, an old fashioned or a whiskey sour, this two-tiered serving cart can be used for serving drinks, as well as an elegant display for books and magazines.
10. ENTRYWAY ENVY: When an entrance to a space looks this good, you’ll always be happy to come home. Designed by Ramyalaa Interiors, the striking black chandelier only adds to its uber-chic design.
11. YOUR NEXT GETAWAY: Sidney by Montrealbased brand Lambert is a vegan leather unisex bag that will bring modern elevation and a practical approach to your travel style.