Catwalk Cure Fundraiser
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford joined over 500 of the city’s most successful businessmen at this year’s Catwalk Cure fundraiser held on Feb. 24, 2011, at Muzik Nightclub. The event was in support of Dr. Michael Baker’s Complex Care program provided by the University Health Network (UHN), which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western and Princess Margaret hospitals. Philanthropy met fashion at this year’s fundraiser, with hopes that every dollar raised allows the team led by Dr. Baker to discover more cures and heal more patients with complex and interacting medical conditions.
Co-chairs Michelle Fidani and Sylvia Mantella coordinated a spectacular event. A runway show featured Toronto’s top fashion designers and 12 exclusive ensembles from students at The Academy of Design. Guests enjoyed gourmet cuisine, live auction, and sipped on fine wines and premium spirits throughout the night. Dr. Baker was greatly appreciative of the support.
1. Face-to-face with high fashion at Catwalk Cure.
2. Toronto’s Muzik Nightclub offers a beautiful backdrop for the charitable event.
3. Zero Gravity Circus performers go above and beyond.
4. Co-chair Sylvia Mantella, Dr. Michael Baker, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and founding chair Michelle Fidani.
5. A red-hot ensemble tears up the scene.
6. Dr. Michael Baker welcomes guests during his opening speech.
7. Frank Serpa, owner of Avante Mazda in Richmond Hill, smiles for the camera beside Catwalk Cure media partner Fernando Zerillo of Dolce Publishing Inc.
8. A model pauses to showcase the latest fashion from a hot Toronto designer.
9. Models grace the runway at Catwalk Cure.
10. Catwalk Cure emcee Lynne Russell – the first woman to anchor a nationally televised prime time news program in the U.S.
11. An enchanted look adds to the magical event.
12. Riding in style at Catwalk Cure, where wild meets elegance.