Objects of Desire
Spy-approved vodka, whimsical roadsters and golden scale bathtubs round out this list of attention-grabbing must-haves.
1. RIPPLE EFFECT: Like gentle ripples left by a pebble breaking the surface of still water, the Ebel Onde pulsates with a fluid elegance that’s understated and hypnotic.
2. DECORATIVE TWIST: The high and low Sexy Doll stools by Rouge Absolu are instant conversation starters, melding a wooden toy-like appearance with handcrafted French oak.
3. POETIC STYLE: Ole Yde’s spring-summer 2016 collection is an ode to bold colours and flows against elegant feminine frames with lavish materials, such as leather and silk chiffon.
4. TRADITIONAL WHIMSY: Design house Squint detonated a rainbow explosion in a classic Morgan 3 Wheeler for this year’s London Design Festival. The result? A mélange of childlike colours and patterns.
5. SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED: Belvedere joined forces with Spectre, the 24th James Bond movie, to develop these 007-worthy limited edition bottles of vodka — licence to kill sold separately.
6. POETIC BREWING: Daniela Nardi serves a shot of smooth jazz with Canto, her third Espresso Manifesto album featuring 10 covers of classic Italian tunes plus an original piece of her own.
7. TIME’S UP: Arnold & Son’s limited edition Dial Side True Beat timepiece is an instant staple item with the mechanical artistry of its moon-over-calm-seas face held in an 18-carat white gold case.
8. GLAM-CUFFED: Toronto jewelry designer Mark Lash ends your search for that perfect outfit centrepiece for those holiday parties: this geometrically flawless white gold and diamond cuff.
9. EDGE OF YOUR SEAT: Bring some retro style to your living space with the design-friendly Svend Skipper Model 91 lounge chair. With a wingback and teak details, it’s not lacking personality.
10. SCALE UP: The Koi Bathtub from Maison Valentina shimmers like a fish’s scales in golden sunlight — a symbol of your enduring love for your bathroom.
11. IN THE CARDS: Business cards are still must-haves in this digital age. The Orange Line’s slightly playful card holder is for that professional in your life who appreciates smart design.
12. GET THE BOOT: Gents, don’t be afraid to up your footwear game with a slick pair of designer kicks. These Peal & Co. ankle strap boots are the foundation for a stylish getup.
13. I’LL DRINK TO THAT: Chic cocktail aficionados will go wild for this limited edition bottle of Italian liqueur Disaronno, designed by Roberto Cavalli in support of Fashion 4 Development.