Objects of Desire Winter 2011
1. If you find comfort in cash, this pillow is for you. Handmade using roughly 50 American greenbacks, the Dollar Pillow will provide solace even when the economy doesn’t.
2. If you’re looking for motivation, look to your wrist for inspiration. With the diamond-encrusted words “Keep Calm and Carry on” strewn across the ebony cuff of this sparkling bangle, you’ll find the strength to get through anything.
3. Made from red and white crayons, Herb William’s The Color of Luck dice literally melds tools of art with tools of chance – and the result is nothing short of a winner.
4. Turn your bottles of vino into sparkling gems with these unique bottle stoppers that dazzle with natural amethyst and crystal spikes.
5. Straight from the reels of classic Hollywood sci-fi, Kim Kardashian’s latest line of Beach Bunny Swimwear is out of this world. www.beachbunnyswimwear.com
6. Originally released in 1963, Rolex’s Cosmograph Daytona was designed with the professional racer in mind. Its purposed mechanisms allow drivers to measure circuit time and average speed. www.rolex.com
7. With a 14-karat gold-plated buckle holding a princess-cut amethyst as its crowning jewel, this regal belt is reminiscent of a royal family’s prized heirloom.
8. This unique Infiniti G37 was hand-painted by Montreal artist Heidi Tailler, and auctioned during Masquerave, a culinary event in Whistler, British Columbia that raised funds for the non-governmental organization One Drop. www.infiniti.ca
9. A minimalist, modern masterpiece, the Qlocktwo Touch uses a stylish matrix of letters, as opposed to numbers, to register time. Perfect for that eccentric techie.
10. A unique twist on vintage furniture, this hot pink chair comes upholstered with patterned fabric that demands to be seen.
11. Delivering best wishes, I-love-yous and congratulatory praise in the form of majestic floral arrangements, Dizennio Floral is your first pick. After all, you never know what can blossom from the right bouquet. www.dizenniofloral.com
12. If your thumb is every colour but green, this simple hand-blown glass terrarium is easy to tend to – a pleasant and distinctive centrepiece.
13. A look Audrey Hepburn would adore, this Jimmy Choo clutch is an elegant accessory for those moonlit galas. www.net-a-porter.com
14. For the conscious consumer, Superior Seating Hospitality donates $50 to the Princess Margaret Hospital from the sale of each of these ribbon-shaped chairs. www.superiorsh.com
15. Clive Christian’s No. 1 Perfume is heralded as the world’s most expensive perfume. Using exquisite and rare ingredients, this scent will have you smelling like gold. www.holtrenfrew.com
16. Her eyes will sparkle when she beholds the wondrous beauty of the spectacular pieces and custom creations of Valente Jewellers. www.valentejewellers.com
Items 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12 available at www.vivre.com