Objects of Desire
From furniture to fashion, across London and Toronto, explore the conversation pieces you need this season.
1. PINK ONYX BACKLIT BAR: Situated in the etherial escape of private members, club Annabel’s in London, this pink onyx, backlit bar lives in the Rose Room, surrounded by bespoke tulip and iris chandeliers.
2. ELISABETTA FRANCHI FW19: With designs worn by the likes of Angelina Jolie, Emily Blunt and Kate Hudson, Bologna-born designer Elisabetta Franchi’s striking pieces work to a “Made In Italy” mantra.
3. ENLIGHTENMENT: Through a process of Japanese joinery and origami, Toronto based emerging visual artist Andrew Ooi creates sculptural paper pieces focused on the power of pattern.
4. ELLIPTICAL KINETIC PAINTING: Francis Celentano’s painting, brought to life in 1967, is an abstract, acrylic that celebrates the op art, or optical art movement, coined in the 1960s.
5. RADIANT CUT DIAMOND RING: Designed by Mark Lash, this ring pays testament to diamonds, with, a cut diamond set upon a diamond surround and band.
6. PAPILLON CABINET: French cabinetmaker Jean-Luc Le Mounier builds butterflies into this cabinet, which opens with black straw marquetry wings set upon expertly hinged doors to shelves and hidden compartments.
7. WRAPPED HEART BROOCH: As one of Verdura’s most recognized designs, the Wrapped Heart Brooch dates back to 1941, when American actor Tyrone Power commissioned a cabochon ruby heart tied in gold for his wife at Christmas.
8. GARAGE LIVING: Blue can conjure up a sense of calm and relaxation. It can stir our spirit, creating renewed energy. Inspired by a weekend getaway surrounded by water, docks and spectacular skies, the Garage Living Harbor Blue Designer Series unites a curated palette of ultra-premium décor finishes to evoke the ultimate feeling of freedom and tranquility. Garage Living creates luxury garage interiors with style, custom details, and function in mind.
9. TRUE THINLINE LES COULEURS LE CORBUSIER: Swiss watch brand Rado’s latest collection pays tribute to renowned architect Le Corbusier with hightech ceramic watches created in the architect’s nine Architectural Polychromy colours.
10. NACHTMANN ASPEN DECANTER SET: This stylish cut crystal set, with vertical cuts around the perimeter of the glass, comes complete with a decanter and six glasses.
11. UPCYCLED VINTAGE GOLD SKULL TEACUP: Melody Rose London’s upcycled skull teacup, made in very limited numbers or as one off pieces, takes an original vintage ceramic and incorporates the macabre image with a kiln fi red at more than 800 degrees.
12. LAVISH DESIGN: Based in Toronto, Lavish Design’s team of design, architecture, project-management and engineering experts creates bespoke spaces centred on sustainability.
13. MASON DINING CHAIR: Made with velvet fabric, walnut wood and polished brass, the Mason Dining Chair from Mezzo Collection adds a contemporary touch to any dining room.